Is your office open during the stay-at-home order for COVID-19?

During the mandated “Stay in place” order issued by the Governor of Washington, our offices will be closed until further notice. While we strive to continue providing a high level of service, we will be limited due to this order. While our office staff is equipped to work remotely, some functions, like our phone capability, is limited. If you are calling us and not able to reach a live person, please leave a detailed voice message. We will try and address all homeowner questions, concerns, and Board matters in the timeliest manner possible during this unprecedented time. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this period.

What are your office hours?

Our Lacey location hours are from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Our Renton office has operated by appointments only, however due to COVID-19 outbreak it is closed for visitors until further notice.

Who do I make my check payable to?

All checks should be made payable to your HOA/COA. Payments should not be made out to VIS Group, Inc.

Where do I send my check?

You can mail a check or money order to the bank payment processing center (preferred method) at PO Box 7218, San Francisco, CA 94120-7218, or deliver in person or by mail to our main office at 8617 Martin Way East, Lacey WA 98516.

Why do I send my payment to California? Is that where you are located?

We are a 100% local company; however the bank’s payment processing center is in California. This location is for payments only, and our office is not located in California.

Can I pay over the phone?

Unfortunately, we are not able to accept payment over the phone, or receive cash or debit/credit cards in person at our office. The following options are available to you for payment of your assessments:

Enroll in our ACH (Automatic Cash Handling) program to setup automatic payments of your assessments. ACH is intended for regular assessments and can not be used to make payments under payment plans. This is the best way to pay your assessments as the ACH withdraw updates based on the approved budget every year! You can sign up for ACH online if you have access to your association Portal (see item 4 below for more details).

You can mail a check or money order to our payment processing center (preferred method) at PO Box 7218, San Francisco, CA 94120-7218.

You can pay by check or money order (payable to your association) in our office or by mail at 8617 Martin Way East, Lacey WA 98516.

You can pay online via your new Portal. If this is your first time logging in, you will need to create a new owner account using your 9 digit account number. Once logged in, click on the yellow button “Make a Payment” on the left hand side. The Portal is using a third party vendor for payment processing and they charge a fee for this convenience. NOTE: if you are using Chrome browser and experience any issues with logging in or payments, please use a different browser (Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc.)

Can I pay online?

Yes! If you have you 9 digit account number, you can use your association Portal to make a payment through your account.

Note: Paylease is no longer available for payments.

How come no one ever returns my calls?

Our customer support department works all day long to answer your phone calls and emails, however sometimes we have a higher volume of phone calls than usual. All voicemails are sent to us in a ticketing system, to which we typically answer within 24 to 48 hours. If we are not available to take a call, it is important to leave a voicemail so that it is uploaded to our ticketing system and we can get back to you as soon as possible.

Why is there an admin fee with my late fee or compliance violation fine?

Whenever a late/compliance violation fee is processed, our Accounting Department must take the time to go through the information and assess the fee/fines. Therefore, an additional administrative fee is charged to the homeowner.

I thought HOA dues where covered in my mortgage payment? Why do I have to pay more to you guys?

HOA dues are not covered in mortgage payments. This is usually disclosed during the purchase of the home, but it is a normal misconception.

(Sub Associations) – Why do I have to pay for 2 HOAs?

When you purchased your home within your association, it should have been disclosed to you that your home was a part of two associations: A Master and a Sub association. Therefore, any homeowner that purchases a home in these associations is required to pay for two HOAs. Also, you can not pay your assessments to two associations with one check as they are separate legal entities and your funds should go in two separate bank accounts.

What does VIS Management do for our community?

VIS Management assists with maintaining the value of your home, paying utilities, making sure the Board of Directors is compliant with RCWs, working with vendors, making sure the association’s insurance is up to date, providing after hours emergency access, assistance with securing vendor contracts and proposals, providing a secure online payment system and online access to governing documents.

How can I opt out of the HOA or dissolve my HOA?

A unanimous agreement must be reached among a percentage homeowners within the association, as directed in the Association’s CC&R’s, to release an individual from the HOA. Additionally, approval is required from all mortgage companies that hold a loan for the property. Once approval has been granted you would have to get the City/County’s approval and provide funding to have them re-do the plat maps for the association, dedicate common areas to other parties etc.

If I owe you money, why didn’t anyone call me?

We send notices via e-mail or USPS to homeowners in accordance with the collection policy of your association. Unfortunately, we are not able to contact every delinquent homeowner via telephone due to time constraints.

Why are the dues being increased?

In addition to significant expenses which might arise in your association, vendors and utilities that provide services to the association usually have annual increases, which require a higher payment for the homeowner to cover the increase.

Why can’t you talk to me about my account?

We use the County Assessor website to determine who is authorized to speak about an account. If you would like to be authorized to speak about the account, then you will need to have the legal homeowner submit a Contact Information Form.

Why can’t you just remove the fees from my account?

As the management company, we do not have the authority to waive or remove fees. Only the Board of Directors can approve the removal of fees on accounts.

Why did I get this violation?

Violations occur when a homeowner is out of compliance with the governing documents or rules and regulations within an association.

How do I find documents?

Documents can be found by accessing the homeowner portal or sending us an e-mail at info@vismanagement.com to request a document.

How do I add someone to my account, for example my property manager?

To add someone to an account, you will need to complete a Contact Information Form and submit.

What do I do about my mailbox key if it’s lost?

Under most circumstances, the mailbox keys are the homeowner’s responsibility to repair and maintain, not the association. Homeowners may reach out to a locksmith or Home Depot for key/ lock replacements.

What is HomeWiseDocs?

HomeWiseDocs is a third-party company that we have partnered with to process resale certifications, escrow requests, HOA demands, and questionnaires. Their services will be used when a homeowner is refinancing, closing, or selling their home.